Monday

My little brother Geo and I used to be obsessed with the WB cartoons Animaniacs and Freakazoid. My favorite part of Animaniacs was the Wheel of Morality. Geo's fave part, was Pinky and the Brain. On family trips to the store (we all used to go shopping together to pass time), or to other relatives houses we would stand around like nerds quoting material from Animaniacs and Freakazoid. Ah, the memory. After I left home I would mail Geo the latest Animaniacs CD's or ask him to tape the shows so I could catch up during my visits home. Okay. So the point of my post is that I want to give a shout out to the writer/composer who is now deceased - Richard Stone. What a genius. As far as feeling sad goes when Famous people die, I think I felt the most sad when I heard he had died. I guess in order it would have gone:
1. Richard Stone
2. Jim Henson
3. Princess Diana
Okay. So here is an excerpt of his great lyrics teaching kids that there are bad preservatives in some foods: (Wakko was an idiot. What was soo cool about that is they gave him a British accent. ha! Who in Hollywood does that??)
Wakko: (spoken) Hey! Let's get some ice cream!
Dot : How 'bout this one? Pistachio Almond Fruit Fudge Butterscotch Delight.
Yakko : Ingredients: Zinc trisodium, aspartate, Sorbitol and bisulfate, Oxide beta carotene, Lactic acid, carob bean.
(music begins)
Yakko : Grade A milk emulsified Malto-dextrin alkalide Silicon deoxylite Lots of sugar...
W+D : Hey, all right!
Yakko : Calcified synthetic salt Artificial barley malt Glycerine and aspartate Folic acid...
Wakko : That tastes great!
YW+D : Monosodium glutamate Dehydrated calceinate Soybean oil, butter fat Caramel center...
Wakko : I'll eat that!
YW+D : Hooray for sugar, 'cause we love it. Chocolate chips- we want more of it. Cakes and ice cream; watch us shove it. Down our throats real fast!
Yakko : Here's a candy bar, you tried it?
Wakko : Hey, let's all see what's inside it.
Yakko : Gelatinized triglycerin Phosphate, soybean, lecithin Deoxylite tri-silicon Dipped in chocolate...
W+D : Bring it on!
Yakko : Citrus enzymes, BHT Powdered milk,
Dot : Sounds good to me!
Yakko : Baking soda, carob gum Carbohydrates,
W+D : Yummy yum!
YW+D : Monosodium glutamate Zinc disodium algenate, Whole grain flour, yeast and fat
Wakko : Time to eat it. I'll do that!
YW+D : We like sweets a lot. But they make your insides rot. So remember! It's your body, and the only one you've got!