Friday

5 questions for a girl named Elizabeth who lives in Amarillo:

1. Why do you live in Amarillo?
Because my husband got a job with the American Quarter Horse Association doing computer programming that paid better than his job in Idaho. Plus, we both get a little ansy (Sp?) after being somewhere for a couple of years. Change is good.
2. What is the name of your favorite store?
Well, I just discovered that one of the grocery stores with a "Market place" in it has chocolate croissants- a favorite of mine from the Patisserie in Rye. The name of this store: United Supermarkets.
3. Have you ever seen an Armadillo?
Armadillo's in Amarillo? Actually I've only seen dead ones- either stuffed in souvenir shops or on the side of the road. I've seen a lot of prairie dogs.
4. What do you do in your spare time?
I'm not sure what you mean by spare time. Darby takes up most of my time. We've been going swimming a lot lately, but what I really love to do is bake desserts, especially cheesecakes. I've got a lot of great new recipes I need to try.
5. If you could give Amarillo a color - what would that color be?
Amarillo actually means yellow in Spanish. Amarillo is a desert on the plains- I don't think it's too green. I guess I'd probably say blue because you see mostly sky and that's more positive than saying puke brown which is what the rest of it looks like.