I just received information about MOB #6 from the MOB Project. I think this is a strange/new idea. It seems so "Fight Club" to me. Next thing you know, they will have us making soap.
INSTRUCTIONS - MOB #6
Start time: Thursday, August 7th, 7:18 pm
(1) At some point during the day on August 7th, synchronize your watch to
http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java/java. (If that site doesn’t work for you, try http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5.)
(2) By 7 PM, based on the month of your birth, please situate yourselves in the bars below. Buy a drink and act casual. NOTE: if you are attending the MOB with friends, you may all meet in the same bar, so long as at least one of you has the correct birth month for that bar.
*January, February, March: Hamburger Harry's, 145 W. 45th St. (just east of Broadway). Meet by the bar.
*April, May, June: Connolly's Pub, 121 W. 45th St. (between 6th Ave. & Broadway). Meet in the back, by the window to the kitchen.
*July, August, September: Charley O's, 218 W. 45 St. (just west of Broadway). Meet by the bar.
*October, November, December: Howard Johnson's, 1551 Broadway (at 46th St.). Meet in the back to theleft, by the bar.
(3) Then or soon thereafter, a MOB representative will appear in the bar and will pass around further instructions.
(4) In particular, the instructions will specify when to disperse. Make sure that two minutes after the specified time, you are no longer at the mob site. The instructions will also specify a short window of time – two to three minutes – when we ask that you not take photographs of the mob, or interview participants or bystanders.
(5) After the mob, return to what you otherwise would have been doing. Await instructions for MOB #7.