Monday

Really, if you want to sit in a theatre with a bunch of Manhattan intellectuals ages 50+, Seen-It-Alls, Been-Through-Wars bunch of people. You need to see Battle of Algiers. It is worth the ten dollars. A long film. Epic. Sort of like City of God mixed with Lawrence of Arabia (because of the women howling) mixed with Black Hawk Down (because of the alleys) mixed with Breathless (because of the Captain sunglasses).

The movie will make you think. Obviously.

Will someone who has seen this movie, send me a message so we can chat about it? Thanks.

One more thing. The women howling bit - I have added that to the list of things I would like to experience in my life. I would like to go to Arabia - anywhere its safe - and by chance, hear that piercing sound. And see all of the covered women just standing there. Howling. Yelping. It is something that I am adding to my Life List of things to do.