Sunday

I was in FAO Shwartz this Friday with the world renowned Ms. Johnson. We were looking for things to do.
We end up flipping-off the lines at both the Wollman Rink, and Rockefeller Center. We both share a hatred for lines. That I hopefully will never loose. If my family ever wants to go to Disney world in any month other than September - they will be traveling by themselves. Vacations should not include lines. Neither should life.
So anyway - back to the dying FAO. We walk in - I had forgotten about the bankrupt thing, and didn't really think it was really in effect. Know what I mean? I thought it was just something we would be "hearing" about.
Wrong.
All the shelves are virtually empty. Robin looks around and says how depressed it is to be in there, but still wanted to see the Dying City. We went upstairs to Barbie world. Both of us equally curious. In Barbies place they had strollers for triplets, and dirty rugs. In Lego's place they hat tattered plastic, and a broken soldier. In candy's place they had stale gumballs and a bin of mint red/white swirly candies.
"Gross. No kid eats those mints. They are for grown-ups."
The piano from Big was Norma Desmond.

"Come on lets at least get some gum, Robin!"
"I can't because of my retainer"
"Oh - well I am going to get a piece."

So then we existed stage left, and adjusted the hypnotic FAO banter on the corner of 59th and 5th:
Tick Tock
Tick Tock
Tick Tock
Tick Tock
Welcome to our world
Welcome to our world
Welcome to our world of shelves.