Thursday

What I have to say might be a shocker to some, but I am finally going to admit that I am secretly VERY chivalrous. I notice everything attributed to chivalry, and am constantly taking note. I first noticed my love of chivalry in college, and kept a mental list of all the awkward lanky boys whom had been taught right and wrong by their mothers and tended to revel in their company. Its not embarrassing for me to say that I notice daily gestures - however, it has been highly embarrassing for me to admit that I LOVE every Princely act. I mean, who doesn't want to be treated like a Princess? I love getting on trains first, I love not having to touch doors or buttons, I love not waiting in line at the bar. In the past (every day up to this one), to cover the embarrassment, I reach for doors, buttons, and knobs before the guy - because I don't want him thinking that I am not up with the times - or am snobby. Rest assured - its all over. I am changing my ways.
This morning I found relief from my inner battle with chivalry. I was just reading SheLovesNY.com, and found the etiquette section for gentlemen. Upon reading some of it - (the taxi part was a little extensive) I found myself totally agreeing with the author, and wishing for the perfect etiquette follower as described. From this point forward, I am throwing out all reservation to withhold my love for chivalry - and will only seek that well-brought-up someone that is willing to divulge, so I can in turn, indulge.