Wednesday

I was looking at my pile of clothes on the floor last night, and thought about how every article of clothing there, I purchased and owned. I said to myself: "my parents have not seen any of the clothes, and probably won’t ever see them". Not that it's imperative that my parents see all of my clothing or anything like that, but I guess its just the thought that the people that once used to buy everything for me, and knew everything I owned are now so far away from that; and only know my clothing by what I take home during our one week together over Christmas.
Then I thought about materials and how right now, they seem so important, but really they are nothing. Like in 5 years I will most likely own nothing of the pile on the floor - I probably won't even remember most of it's contents - yet right now, that pile is basically what gets me from day to day (fully clothed). So anyway, maybe this is why our moms tell us to pick up our clothes from off the floor. It can cause too much thinking...