Tuesday

April fools joke 2004: Torturing My Roommate. Part 1.
This is a transcript between my roommate (James) and myself. James - if you even read this, I am really sorry for posting this, but I found it highly amusing at the time, and hope it doesn’t offend you. If this does offend you, please refrain from poisoning anything edible, or putting insects in my room. Thanks.

From: Anise
To: James
Subject: fire.
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:27:14 -0500

James - was something left in the stove?? A small fire broke out in the kitchen this morning........ I wasn't using the stove.
Did something happen stove-wise last night??
Anise.

To: Anise
From: James
Subject: Re: fire.

Shit!
Nothing fire-related happened last night. And I could have sworn I turned it off after I used it. What was the damage? Did the alarm go nuts again? Sorry about this - I might have to stop using that oven - we seem to make a bad team. (background: he has had a rough start with the stove....)

From: Anise
To: James
Subject: Re: fire.
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:41:36 -0500

APRIL FOOLS !



To: Anise
From: James
Subject: Re: fire.

Erm...right...I knew you were joking all along. Honest.
James "gullible twat" Scanlon.

From: Anise
To: James
Subject: Re: fire.

James. word to the wise - I would never refer to yourself as "twat" under any circumstance. It could be HIGHLY embarrassing for you, and your co-workers, if this were to ever happen at work. It could be HIGHLY embarrassing for you and the deli owner if this were to ever happen at the deli. and It could be HIGHLY embarrassing for you and whomever is standing next to you if this were to happen in a place where you stand next to people.