Monday

Today I received a late Christmas present from the early Stuart Ross. It is a book called Lunch Poems by my favorite Frank O'Hara. I was going to read one poem a day during my lunch breaks because I thought that sounded "eulogy" nice (i tend to work under the pretense of how it will sound in a eulogy):

"She appreciated Frank O'Hara, and used to read one poem a day during her lunch break from his book Lunch Poems. This book can be purchased on Amazon.com for $12.99 - or you might find a nice used copy down at The Strand on 12th and Broadway."

So anyway, it goes like this:

Lana Turner has collapsed!
I was trotting along and suddenly
it started raining and snowing
and you said it was hailing
but hailing hits you on the head
hard so it was really snowing and
raining and I was in such a hurry
to meet you but the traffic
was acting like the sky
and suddenly I see a headline
LANA TURNER HAS COLLAPSED!
there is no snow in Hollywood
there is no rain in California
I have been to lots of parties
but I have never actually collapsed
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
1962