Friday

The other day at work, an email came in with this in the subject line: “Osama Bin Laden has just been captured!”

So I opened the email to find this:

“Just got this from CNN Osama Bin Laden has just been captured! A video and some pictures have been released. Go to the link below for pictures, I will update the page with the video as soon as I can. God Bless America!”

This email was followed immediately by two others - similar to the first - from names I didn’t recognize. (note: I work for a newswire, so I kind of thought it was a client.)

Anyway, I read the subject line and yelled out:

"OSAMA BIN LADEN'S BEEN CAPTURED???!!!!"
christopher: (running to the TV)
harry: "weird, that would be ALL OVER THE NEWS"
christopher: "who's the source?"
anise: silent. (like I said, I didn’t really recognize the name, but I thought maybe it was a client.)
harry: "I am telling you that would be ALL OVER THE NEWS"
anise: silent.
christopher and harry: ANISE show us the email.
anise: silent. (showing them email)
TV: talking about the Bloomberg / Snapple deal.
christopher: anise I am starting to doubt you as a human being.

Will someone please back me up on this. We NEVER get spam mail talking about Osama.