Thursday


While I was in Liverpool, I had the opportunity to attend the opening reception for the "Sex, Lies, and Videotape" show at the Tate Gallery. The show was absolutely captivating - showing famous works by some of my favorite artists Yves Klein, and Joseph Beuys.
Anyway. Yoko Ono had an installation there called "imagine peace." Basically she covered a white room with various maps from around the world. In the center of the room are stamp pads on a pedestal with stamps that read "imagine peace". I diligently stamped Kenai, Alaska.
Before you enter the room there is a table with a bucket full of white "imagine peace" pins, and three documents:
1. "Imagine Peace" by Yoko Ono
2. "Document of Nutopia" by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
3. "Peace Event for John Lennon" by Yoko Ono.
The third document is scheduled for February 18th, so I will write more on that when the time nears.

So. Since today is the company Thanksgiving lunch, I was thinking it would be a good idea to spread the word. So I apporpriately dressed in black, and am wearing a fun "imagine peace" pin. For those of you that work with me - I have made copies of the first two documents, and they are at my desk if anyone is interested in picking up a copy for themselves.